Welcome to Castle Mound Montessori School
Our curriculum is comprised of a carefully prepared, fun and loving environment that encourages children to learn individually at their own pace. We have a dynamic learning environment with a wealth of concrete, manipulative learning materials that encourage the child to discover and learn during these crucial early childhood years. Montessori teachers are trained to observe each child and to put them in touch with things they are most interested in learning; the results are joy, immense satisfaction and excitement about learning.
- Infants (6 weeks – 18 months) – Our infant environments embody Maria Montessori’s vision of a “Nido” or nest; they are peaceful, loving places where babies can explore and feel secure. Teachers speak in gentle tones, the daily pace is unhurried, and décor is understated and homelike. Each child in our care is an individual to be nurtured with affection and respect. As is customary for Montessori environments, every detail is selected with the child’s whole development in mind.
- Toddlers (18 months – 3 years) – Our Toddler program focuses on a period of tremendous development and growth. During this stage, children develop 80% of their personality, enhance their mobility, improve their gross and fine motor skills, as well as learn they are separate individuals yet a vital part of a community. It is a critical time of development for a child. Working with the children’s natural tendencies shows them a respect for their childhood, and encourages them to enjoy learning. Our teachers take great care in providing a nurturing, safe and comfortable atmosphere, while at the same time igniting the child’s natural curiosity in the many materials and activities offered in the classroom. Children are not required to be potty-trained to enter this program.
- Primary (3 – 6 years) – Our Primary program offers an authentic, high-quality Montessori education that meets the needs of each child by offering them opportunities for optimal development. Our Primary classrooms offer a rich, engaging experience where the child can joyfully explore with freedom and confidence as they master each new skill. Our environments are prepared with a focus on fostering discovery and a love of learning within a framework of developmentally appropriate activities or ‘works’. This framework presents the entire scheme of the curriculum to the child in a hands-on, dynamic and carefully sequenced format. The child spontaneously chooses his own work and repeats it over and over to gain mastery. Our program offers a curriculum that is individually paced to meet each child where their needs are. Our classrooms offer a mixed-age range from three to six years where the younger ones learn from the older ones. This provides opportunities for leadership, cooperation and a sense of community.
- Elementary (6 – 9 years) – At Castle Montessori Schools, our Elementary program allows the children to work in small groups on projects that are intellectually challenging through the expert guidance of a trained teacher and an environment that supports the growing needs of the children through their developmental stages. Elementary studies include geography, biology, history, language, mathematics, music and arts. Our curriculum includes outdoor trips to community places such as the library, botanical garden, factories, hospitals and science museums. The essential goal of a Montessori education at the elementary level is to provide an opportunity for the child where he can follow his natural development to his highest potential.
- AMS / AMI Certified Teachers
- Year-round Montessori Program
- Before & After School Care
- Classical Montessori Curriculum
Top Notch Facilities
- Newly-built, Modern Facilities
- Security Monitoring System
- Indoor Gymnasium
- Piano and Music Room
- Computer Lab and Library
- Fine Arts
- Foreign Language
- Nature Study
- Dance (Ballet/Tap)
- Private Piano
- Private Spanish / Chinese
- Soccer and more!
We believe teachers (Directresses) are the very backbone of any educational organization. Their love for children, coupled with their knowledge and experience is absolutely crucial to the child development process. The certified teaching staff at each Castle Montessori school is comprised of a group of highly experienced and dedicated professionals who work conscientiously to challenge each student on every level to achieve academic and personal excellence in a loving/nurturing environment.