Jump to Topic
Health & Safety
Kindergarten Readiness and Academics
What kind of parent involvement do you have at the school?
Under normal circumstances, our doors are always open to parents, and throughout the year parents will have the opportunity to join us for special events such as birthday/holiday celebrations and community/charity events. However, given current circumstances, all school visits should be discussed with your school Director.
How will I know what happens during my child’s time at school?
All our schools use KidReports, which is an online communication tool. Teachers update the app throughout the day to keep you informed of everything your child is doing and learning, from meals to potty break to exceptional education, this app will give you real-time peace of mind.
Am I able to observe my child’s classroom or visit him/her during the day?
Yes, under normal circumstances, parents are always welcome in the school. However, given current circumstances, all school visits and observations should be arranged with your school director.
Health & Safety
What is the teacher to child ratio?
All schools are fully licensed and inspected on a regular basis to ensure they are in compliance with regulations and ratio. The ratios vary by classroom but follow all state and local licensing guidelines. Contact your local school to inquire about classroom specific ratios.
What is your visitation policy?
Under normal circumstances, parents are encouraged to drop in and visit, eat lunch with or simply say hi to their child while at the school. And, we offer different opportunities for parent involvement throughout the year. However, given current circumstances, we are limiting visitors in our schools. Please discuss any concerns with your school Director.
Do you have cameras in the classrooms so that I can see my child throughout the day?
Not all schools have cameras in their classrooms, but for those that do they are monitored throughout the day and recordings are kept by our IT department. Contact your local school to inquire about their camera set up.
Do you have a code to get into the building?
Upon enrollment, each family will be provided a code to enter the building. Children must be escorted into the school and we will assume responsibility for the child after the parent has signed in and released the child to a staff member.
What if my child gets sick while at school?
For their own health, and to reduce the spread of communicable illness, children will be sent home if they have any of the following symptoms:
- A temperature of 100.0 F
- Have vomited and have other symptoms or
- Have vomited more than once in a day
- Have diarrhea (more than one incident)
- Severe coughing – getting red or blue in the face or makes a high-pitched, croupy or whooping sound after coughing
- Difficult or rapid breathing (especially in infants under 6 months)
- Yellowish skin or eyes
- Exhibiting symptoms of pinkeye
- Unusual spots or rashes
- Sore throat or trouble swallowing
- Infected skin patch(es)
- Unusually dark, tea-colored urine
- Grey or white stool
- Headache or stiff neck
- Severe itching of the body or scalp (maybe a symptom of lice or scabies)
If your child has other symptoms that do not require them to be isolated, or if they simply “do not feel well,” parents will be called to keep them informed. The parent may decide to take the child home but will not be required to do so.
What policies do you have in place to address safety?
- Individual access codes at the front door
- Cameras in our classrooms in some schools
- First-Aid and CPR certified teachers and staff members
- Routine fire drills and secured safety plans
Kindergarten Readiness and Academics
Do you offer a faith-based and/or Christian education?
Yes, we have several locations that offer a faith-based and/or Christian education. These locations use either the Pinnacle or Abeka curriculum to supplement the Ascend Curriculum. The following locations offer faith-based and/or Christian education;
- Cadence Academy Preschool located in Cordova, TN
- Cadence Academy Preschool located in Irving, TX
- Cadence Academy Preschool located in Grand Prairie, TX
- Cadence Academy Preschool located in San Antonio, TX
- Carolina Kids Child Development Centers in Fort Mill, SC
- Carolina Kids Child Development Centers in Rock Hill, SC
- Two Faith Preschool Academies located in Southaven, MS
- Faith Preschool Academy located in Olive Branch, MS
What areas do you focus on other than Math and Reading/ Literacy?
While our curriculum focuses on Math, Reading and Literacy, we also put a great deal of attention into teaching our children:
- Social Skills, Kindness and Empathy through our Kind Child Culture
- Science & Sensory through safe, sensory and hands-on experiences
- Physical Fitness through exciting games, sports and other gross motor activities
- Creative Expression through self-expression, creativity and innovation
- Cultural Understanding through thoughtful interactions with teachers that dispel stereotypes and help children to appreciate differences and value diversity.
How do you prepare my child for Kindergarten?
Our proprietary curriculum and dedicated teachers work hand-in-hand to create unique and powerful learning experiences for each child in our care. These experiences start in our Infant and Toddler classrooms and progress all the way through Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten. Important skills are taught at every age level and fine-tuned just before kindergarten in Kindergarten Club.
What makes the Ascend Curriculum different from that of other schools?
The Ascend Curriculum developed by Cadence Education® develops your child’s cognitive, physical, social-emotional, and creative abilities. We use skill-based learning which has been proven to help students think critically, learn to solve problems, and become more independent.
What kind of curriculum do you use in your classrooms?
Most of our schools use our Ascend Curriculum. Some locations use Pinnacle, Abeka, High Reach, and/or The Creative Curriculum. We also have schools that use the Montessori method and others that use Reggio Emilia. Contact your local school to inquire about their specific curriculum.
What is your approach to teaching social skills in the Montessori program?
Community life is also an important component of this educational approach. Children in our Montessori schools begin to take responsibility for their own environment, as they become contributing members of the Montessori social group.
What are the benefits of a Montessori education?
Multi-age grouping promotes an atmosphere where children can help and learn from each other. Here, the child makes individual choices based on capabilities, exercises self-discipline and discovers ways to solve progressively complex problems.
Where are your Montessori programs located?
- Smaller Scholars Montessori Academy located in Gilbert, AZ
- Two Smaller Scholars Montessori Academy located in Houston, TX
- BeLoved Montessori located in West Linn, OR
- Children’s Garden Montessori located in Richland, WA
- Ten Montessori Education Centers near Omaha, NE
Do children get to go outside during the day?
Yes, children go outside twice daily, and sometimes more weather permitting. Our playground is equipped with safe and age-appropriate equipment for the children to enjoy with their friends. The majority of our schools also offer outdoor learning environments where children tend to their own garden.
How flexible are your programs?
To accommodate our families, we offer part-time and full-time schedules, Monday through Friday.
Would you be able to have an enrolled parent call me to discuss the school?
Absolutely, I think you will find that speaking with one of our current families will help ease your mind and give you first-hand feedback about our school, curriculum and culture! Please discuss this with your local school director who will be able to provide you more information on who will be calling you!
Do you obtain feedback from your families in order to make improvements to your programs?
It’s important for us to provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home. As part of our commitment to keeping our families happy, we do a survey twice a year to gauge customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. The survey we use is the NPS. To learn more about NPS, click HERE.
Are your parents and families generally happy with the education they receive in your schools?
We have a companywide NPS score of 74 which is comparable to companies like Southwest Airlines and Ritz Carlton. Any NPS score above 50 is very difficult to achieve and is typically associated with the most respected companies in the world. This is a very good indication that our families are happy with the education and care that we are providing.