- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Preschool in East Peoria
At Cadence Academy Preschool, we believe families should make the most out of childhood. For this reason, we always take great steps to provide exceptional care for the children our preschool serves, as well as offer a unique and personalized educational experience for each student.
The main goal of our preschool learning center is to provide a safe, happy learning environment for each child that will stimulate their development at their own, personal pace.
We deliver loving care that focuses on each child as a unique and wonderful person, and in doing so, develops confidence and respect for others.
Our Preschool & Childcare Programs:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 15 months). Our infant daycare program gives families peace of mind by delivering a stimulating experience in a place as nurturing as home.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 2 years). Everybody learns better when they are having fun, and our toddler program is no exception.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). This childcare program emphasizes social skills, courtesy, and much more.
- Preschool & Pre-K (3 – 5 years). We use an expertly developed Pre-K curriculum to give every child the skills and confidence for the next step in their life, elementary school.
- School-Age Program (5 – 12 years). Need an extended day option for your children? Check out our before and after school care programs.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). As part of our summer program, children engage in fun physical, educational, and creative activities that encourage them to explore what they can achieve.
A Focus on Positive Behavior
Cadence implements a program in our preschool learning center to enhance social and emotional development, and promote school readiness in all children. The approach, which was originally developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) involves a pyramid model to address the social and emotional needs of children.
We use the Positive Behavior Strategy (PBS) method to recognize positive behavior and minimize challenging behaviors in our children.PBS focuses on being proactive in preventing challenging behaviors by building positive relationships. It also allows us to create a supportive atmosphere for our students, and uses specific techniques to teach social and emotional development.
With PBS, the amount of time our experienced teachers use to address challenging behaviors is greatly reduced, and in turn, helps our staff better focus on the positive behaviors, and provide quality support to all students.
If you are interested in learning more about PBS, we suggest that you visit these resources:
Our Preschool’s Security
At Cadence Academy Preschool in East Peoria, our number one priority is to keep your child safe. We are grateful for the opportunity to care for your children while you work or go to school, and we promise that we will meet all of their needs in the best possible way.
Please help us continue to be proactive regarding security and keep your front door codes private. We ask that all other individuals ring our daycare facility’s doorbell before entering. We are always here to check ID’s. Whether you need to have someone different pick up or child, or an emergency comes up, always remember to notify us of the change. We will direct any of your approved caregivers to the right classroom and alert the teachers.
Hi, my name is Erin Underwood. I graduated college with my early childhood degree and I started Rogy’s in December of 2011. I have enjoyed working with children for as long as I can remember. I strive everyday to make each child feel special, teach them, and help them in any way that I can.
The National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC) is a national accreditation program that was developed for early care and educational programs. NAC offers early childhood leaders the opportunity to demonstrate and document quality performance using research-based criteria and evidence-based practices. The National Accreditation Commission provides a comprehensive, ongoing quality improvement system and accredited schools must meet standards in the following 6 component areas: Administration, Family Engagement, Health and Safety, Curriculum, Interactions between Teachers and Children, and Classroom Health and Safety.