- Our Team
About Sunbrook Academy
Welcome to Sunbrook Academy at Chapel Hill. We are located conveniently near Wellstar Douglas Hospital at 6029 Professional Parkway in Douglasville, Georgia.
Choosing the right learning environment and preschool can be one of the most important decisions you make as a parent. At Sunbrook Academy, we hope we can make choosing the right preschool a little easier.
Sunbrook Academy at Chapel Hill is a preschool and childcare center for children ages six weeks to 12 years old. We provide a warm, nurturing atmosphere that allows your child to enjoy a safe and happy early-learning experience.
Our early childhood education programs offer parents peace of mind by delivering an exceptional education and fun-filled day to children from experienced professionals in a nurturing environment as comfortable as home.
Preschool Programs & After School Care
As part of the Cadence Education Family of Schools, Sunbrook Academy at Chapel Hill uses an expertly developed curriculum to provide each student with the necessary skills and confidence for the next stage in their life.
We offer the following quality preschool and daycare programs:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks to 1 year) – A program designed to maintain the strong bonds, warmth and security your child enjoys at home with you.
- Junior Toddlers (12 – 24 months) – Our toddler teachers strive to guide and encourage your child’s sense of discovery and learning.
- Senior Toddlers (24 – 36 months) – With a low teacher-to-student ratio, this program allows the necessary time for positive interaction between teacher and student
- Pre-K 3 (3 to 4 years) – A pre-k program designed and focused on fully preparing students for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Private Pre-K 4 (4 to 5 years) – A pre-kindergarten program designed to ready students for the transition to Kindergarten.
- Georgia Pre-K 4 (4 to 5 years) – A lottery funded education program aimed at preparing students for Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten Club (4 to 5 years) – Kindergarten Club runs from January to August and is designed to prepare Pre-K children emotionally, socially, and academically for kindergarten.
- After School Program (Pre-K – 12 years) – Students are picked up from local schools to enjoy an afternoon of fun, learning and growth.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 6 to 12) – Our campers will experience the sights and sounds of America as we take them on a virtual tour of America.
Most of our preschool and after school programs are year-round, and we are open Monday-Friday from 6:30 AM to 7 PM.
Learning is encouraged through the nationally-recognized Foundations™ Curriculum and various enrichment programs. Of particular note, we are proud to expose our students to languages, such as Spanish, French, Russian, Mandarin, and Arabic.
Kindergarten Readiness Programs: Watch Your Child Thrive!
Our “Kindergarten Club” prepares pre-kindergarten students with essential skills to stand-out in problem-solving, mathematics, reading/writing, social studies, and science.
In fact, we recently administered a Kindergarten Readiness test to 3,805 children across 155 of our Cadence Education Family of Schools. The results were extraordinary: we identified a total of 89.6 percent of these children with “Kindergarten Readiness” and 63.4 percent with “Advanced Readiness” for those full-time students that had participated for over a year in our program.
Healthy Food & Nutrition Options
At Sunbrook Academy at Chapel Hill, we provide carefully-planned healthy meals and snacks we know kids will enjoy in a peanut-free environment.
We serve fresh fruits and vegetables daily and strive to limit sugars in our regular offerings. We include breakfast, lunch, and healthy snacks in the cost of tuition.
Safety and Security
Our preschool learning center has numerous safety and security measures in place to ensure we provide a safe, secure learning environment for your children:
- 24-hour security system with controlled building access
- Fully-encompassing fire sprinkler system
- Low student-to-teacher ratios
- CPR/First Aid Certified Staff
- Computer check in and out process
- Staff trained on lock-down and emergency procedures
- Ionized filtered air
I have worked in early childhood education for 10 years and I currently hold my CDA in Early Childhood Education. I am married with 3 beautiful children. Here at Sunbrook, I strive every day to provide a lasting education in each child that comes through my school.
Reviews from Parents
Leave a Review
We want to learn more about your experience with Cadence Education. Please leave us a review below and let us know how we are doing.