In September 2021 we announced that all employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or undergo weekly testing in order to protect the families in our care. Learn More >
- Our Team
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool in Tacoma, Washington. We are conveniently located at the corner of 96th Street South and South Hosmer Street in Tacoma, Washington.
About Cadence Academy Tacoma
Cadence Academy in Tacoma has been dedicated to providing the highest quality childcare to local families since 1986. Our preschool provides early childhood education programs for four-week-old infants up to school-age children. Our early daycare center has secure entrances, spacious classrooms, and a private playground situated far from the street to ensure children feel safe and comfortable while learning. We also offer a large play area for our older students and a separate play area for our younger children.
At Cadence Academy Preschool in Tacoma, WA, our infants and toddlers are immersed in colors, shapes, and sensory experiences. Our preschool has Baby Signs certification, and our instructors do an exceptional job teaching infants and toddlers to communicate before they can use words. Our preschoolers learn through programs like Zoo-phonics, Spanish, name recognition, writing letters and tracing shapes, along with many other curriculum components.
Our school proudly offers a Kindness program that teaches self-respect and respect for others and prepares young students to be contributing members of society. In Pre-Kindergarten, students participate in the Pre-K Plus Program. This curriculum includes intensive Hands-On Science, Lego Engineering, and Bob’s Books Reading Program. In addition, our older students have the opportunity to enjoy field trips in the summer months, as well as fun filled educational camps during school breaks.
Our child care center serves breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack that are healthy, nutritious, and USDA approved.
Childcare, Preschool & School-Age Programs Offered
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – A daycare program designed to foster your baby’s early foundational skills in a calm, secure environment.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – An interactive toddler daycare program designed to improve your child’s sense of discovery.
- Early Childhood Learning (ages 2 to 3) – An early childhood education program focused on improving gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary, and learning through discovery.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – A well-designed preschool curriculum designed to lay the foundation for success in learning.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – This Pre-Kindergarten program combines the skills and experiences taught in previous years to prepare students for the transition to Kindergarten.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12) – Students are picked up from local elementary schools to enjoy an afternoon of fun, learning, and growth.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12) – From adventures in nature, to academic activities, and playing sports, our summer camp program ensures that children do not fall behind in the break between school years, while also having a fun time with their classmates and our awe-inspiring instructors.
Since children learn best through play, Cadence Academy Preschool in Tacoma has designed a signature curriculum that stimulates their cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development while keeping them active and engaged.
What Makes Our Child Care Center Unique
Our teachers are “STARS/MERIT” qualified, which means they are up-to-date on the latest education experience your child can receive.
Because our preschool is centrally located, we work with three area elementary schools: Christensen and James Sales in the Franklin Pierce School District, and South Gate in the Clover Park School District. These school districts provide transportation for Head Start, ECEAP, kindergarten, and school-age children. Our childcare program has a van that provides free transportation to and from James Sales, giving parents the opportunity to choose which school they would like to enroll their child.
Finally, we are educationally partnered with the Franklin Pierce School District to strengthen the successful transition from preschool to elementary school.
More About Our Private Preschool
We proudly serve communities surrounding Charlton Lake, including Lakewood, Parkland, and Span away. Many of our students also hail from families working at nearby McChord Air Force Base, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, and the U.S. Army base.
My name is Margaret, but please call me Mugsy! I have worked in early childhood education for over 32 years and I have both an AA in Early Childhood Education and a Bachelors of Arts degree.
I have been married to my husband, Pat, for nearly 30 years and even though I am the actual mother to four grown children, I see myself as everyone’s mother. I work to be a champion for all children and all families. I consider it an honor to provide our children a strong educational foundation and I work relentlessly to improve our school. I continue to take courses and read often to make certain that I’m doing everything I can to provide great care for our kids and the Sleater-Kinney Cadence Academy community.
Meet Ms. Esha!