Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool in Tacoma, Washington. We are conveniently located at the corner of 96th Street South and South Hosmer Street in Tacoma, Washington.
About Cadence Academy Tacoma
Cadence Academy in Tacoma has been dedicated to providing the highest quality childcare to local families since 1986. Our preschool provides early childhood education programs for four-week-old infants up to pre-k students. Our early daycare center has secure entrances, spacious classrooms, and a private playground situated far from the street to ensure children feel safe and comfortable while learning. We also offer a large play area for our older students and a separate play area for our younger children.
At Cadence Academy Preschool in Tacoma, WA, our infants and toddlers are immersed in colors, shapes, and sensory experiences. Our preschool has Baby Signs certification, and our instructors do an exceptional job teaching infants and toddlers to communicate before they can use words. Our preschoolers learn through programs like Zoo-phonics, Spanish, name recognition, writing letters and tracing shapes, along with many other curriculum components.
Our school proudly offers a Kindness program that teaches self-respect and respect for others and prepares young students to be contributing members of society. In Pre-Kindergarten, students participate in the Pre-K Plus Program. This curriculum includes intensive Hands-On Science, Lego Engineering, and Bob’s Books Reading Program.
Our child care center serves breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack that are healthy, nutritious, and USDA approved.
Childcare, Preschool & School-Age Programs Offered
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year) – A daycare program designed to foster your baby’s early foundational skills in a calm, secure environment.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2) – An interactive toddler daycare program designed to improve your child’s sense of discovery.
- Early Childhood Learning (ages 2 to 3) – An early childhood education program focused on improving gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary, and learning through discovery.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4) – A well-designed preschool curriculum designed to lay the foundation for success in learning.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5) – This Pre-Kindergarten program combines the skills and experiences taught in previous years to prepare students for the transition to Kindergarten.
Since children learn best through play, Cadence Academy Preschool in Tacoma has designed a signature curriculum that stimulates their cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development while keeping them active and engaged.
What Makes Our Child Care Center Unique
Our teachers are “STARS/MERIT” qualified, which means they are up-to-date on the latest education experience your child can receive.
Because our preschool is centrally located, we work with three area elementary schools: Christensen and James Sales in the Franklin Pierce School District, and South Gate in the Clover Park School District. These school districts provide transportation for Head Start, ECEAP, and kindergarten children. Our childcare program has a van that provides free transportation to and from James Sales, giving parents the opportunity to choose which school they would like to enroll their child.
Finally, we are educationally partnered with the Franklin Pierce School District to strengthen the successful transition from preschool to elementary school.
More About Our Private Preschool
We proudly serve communities surrounding Charlton Lake, including Lakewood, Parkland, and Span away. Many of our students also hail from families working at nearby McChord Air Force Base, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, and the U.S. Army base.