Cadence schools across the country are now enrolling for Summer Programs! Be sure to ask if your school is hosting summer camp or any summer programs for school aged children in 2024.
- Our Team
About Winwood Children’s Center Preschool in Gainesville, Virginia
Once a changing point for stagecoach horses and not far from the famous battles of Bull Run, Gainesville, Virginia has a storied history, not to mention the city is just outside the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C.
This charming Prince William County city, however, has something equally special to brag about: an excellent school system. When local children are ready to start the journey of blossoming into fine citizens, they come to Winwood Children’s Center, Gainesville where kids learn through play every day!
At Winwood Children’s Center, Gainesville, we are dedicated to providing children with the foundation they need to excel in an educational environment. Our customized, interactive classrooms ensure children have a secure, stimulating setting in which to grow and thrive.
Experienced teachers guide our preschool students through our unique and exciting curriculum, helping them to build the skills, self-esteem, and confidence needed to navigate the world successfully. We prepare them not just for primary school, high school, and college, but also for a lifelong love of learning and commitment to community.
Our Preschool & Childcare Programs:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our warm, nurturing staff works closely with parents to establish an optimal schedule for their little ones for peace of mind while they are at work.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). In this toddler childcare program, we teach socialization, potty training, and much more as your toddler explores his or her surrounding world.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this early childhood learning program, we expose kids to activities that develop their communication and language skills and help them lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our preschool program offers exciting lessons in science, math, computers, language, and social studies.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In this program, Pre-K students participate in plenty of lessons and activities that prepare them for elementary school success.
- Jr. Kindergarten (ages 4.5 to 5) Our Jr. Kindergarten prepares children emotionally, socially, and academically for the big transition into kindergarten!
- Private Kindergarten* (ages 5 to 6). Kids shine in this private kindergarten program as they learn and grow in a fun, supportive environment.
- School Age Program (ages 5 to 12). This program offers full support for students of varying ages while parents are working.
- Summer Camp Program (ages 5 to 12). In our summer program, kids enjoy fun-filled days socializing, exploring, learning, and engaging at our center and around the community.
*Private Kindergarten is a NAEYC accredited program for children who miss the public school cut-off of September 30th. Our Private Kindergarten students are permitted to enter 1st grade the following year.
Our school is proud to have earned accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Fewer than 10 percent of America’s preschools have earned accreditation from NAEYC. Achieving accreditation is lengthy process and a school must go through a 4-step process and meet NAEYC Accreditation standards in 10 areas:
- Assessment of Child Progress
- Community Relationships
- Physical Environment
- Leadership and Management
At Winwood Children’s Center Preschool in Gainesville, Virginia we optimize learning by teaching through play in a warm, secure environment as comfortable as home. Our goals are smiles, laughter, and learning.
What Makes Us Unique
Our early childhood learning center hires only the best of the best to teach the children in our care, requiring the teachers at Winwood to have a CDA, AA, or Bachelor’s degree in Education, as well as lots of experience directly working with children. We feel that people who have chosen to make teaching their career are the ones who are the most dedicated to the children and to the educational system.
At Winwood Children’s Center, Gainesville, we encourage family participation, and we support an open-door policy that allows parents to drop in anytime to visit their child, read to the class, have lunch with their child, or just come by for a quick hug.
We have created an atmosphere that is inviting and friendly, and that has allowed us to develop trusting relationships with the families whose children are in our care. We are always available to talk with parents and try our best to make sure that when you leave our building each day that the experience for you and your child is a memorable one.
More About Our Preschool & Childcare Center
Winwood Children’s Center, Gainesville is located at 7830 Old Linton Hall Road in Gainesville, Virginia, 20155. We are located directly across from Regal Cinemas, on the service road behind local restaurants that runs parallel to Linton Hall Road. We are close to the Waverly Mill condos.
Kids in our Before and After School program receive free transportation to and from the following elementary schools: Glenkirk, Piney Branch, Bristow Run, Buckland Mills, Alvey, Tyler, Mt. View, Cedar Point, and T Clay Woods.
Alivia Weaver has been with Cadence Education since 2011 and has worked with children since 2005. She achieved her CDA in 2013 and is currently finishing up her Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. She also completed our Leadership Training Program in 2013.
Alivia is recently married, is an animal lover, and is looking forward to starting a family of her own. She is very family and friend oriented and enjoys painting and horseback riding in her spare time.
Erika started at Winwood in July of 2010 and has worked in Infants, Toddlers, and Two’s. She joined the management team as the Administrative Assistant in 2016 and was promoted to Assistant Director in 2018. She has earned her CDA credential and is currently pursuing her associate’s degree in early childhood education. Erika just got married, and enjoys spending quality time with her friends and family.
Every child deserves access to high-quality early learning experiences. NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) has set 10 standards for early childhood programs that can help families make the right choice when they are looking for a child care center, preschool, or kindergarten. The standards and criteria are also the foundation of the NAEYC Accreditation system for early childhood programs. To earn NAEYC Accreditation, schools must go through an extensive self-study and quality-improvement process, followed by an on-site visit by NAEYC Assessors to verify and ensure that the program meets each of the ten program standards, and hundreds of corresponding individual criteria. NAEYC-accredited programs are always prepared for unannounced quality-assurance visits during their accreditation term, which lasts for five years. In the 30 years since NAEYC Accreditation was established, it has become a widely recognized sign of high-quality early childhood education. More than 7,000 programs are currently accredited by NAEYC—less than 10 percent of all child care centers, preschools, and kindergartens nationally achieve this recognition.