- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Preschool in Wylie
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Wylie (formerly Bearfoot Lodge Private School) our trained, qualified, and caring staff takes a hands-on approach to learning, offering quality programming and dedicated teachers for children ages six weeks old to 12 years old.
We encourage our early childhood education center’s students to be active and creative explorers, as well as independent, self-confident, and inquisitive learners.
We treat each child as an individual and encourage all students to progress at their natural ability while still reaching desired age-level goals. In addition to core curriculum, we provide before and after school care for school-age children with transportation to and from local elementary schools.
Cadence Academy Preschool, Wylie has a warmly decorated, home-like environment throughout the school. Our daycare’s family-friendly policy is one that welcomes parent visits any time of the day. We host monthly events and parties celebrating major holidays that lend a fun, celebratory feel on campus. We also offer multiple age-appropriate playgrounds and an outdoor learning environment.
Our full-time cook makes and serves breakfast and a hot, nutritious lunch each day, along with regularly scheduled snacks.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). We embed learning experiences into daily activities in this program, including feeding, diapering, nurturing, story time, music enrichment, and tummy time.
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). Our toddler program is designed to meet the needs of a child who is growing towards independence.
- Early Childhood Learning (ages 2 to 3). Our caring, skilled teachers fill your child’s days with a range of engaging activities, such as art projects, imaginative play, language, rhyming, and counting.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). In this program, our teachers work with your child in learning centers to help them create knowledge through play and fun.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our Pre-K program not only prepares children for kindergarten but also helps them reach their full potential in life.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12). This program is designed to keep your child involved and stimulated before and after school hours.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). Campers experience the sights and sounds of America as we take them on a virtual tour of top attractions, events, and landmarks across the nation in this fun-filled program.
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Wylie, we provide parents with peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home.
What Makes Us Unique
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Wylie not only do we offer outstanding programs, but our experienced staff is amazing, too. We keep you informed via daily communication, email updates of activities, and pictures of the education and fun going on in your child’s classroom. Our child care center also hosts monthly family events, such as Family Dinner Night, at a local area restaurant and offers monthly school events for the whole family.
More About Our School
You can find our preschool and daycare center at the corner of Park Boulevard and CR 1378 in Wylie, Texas. We are proud to serve the nearby elementary schools of Dodd, Smith, Groves, Bush, Birmingham, Watkins, Akin, and Hartman.
After growing up in the child care world, I quickly realized that being involved with young children was my passion. I worked in different preschools through high school and college and loved every minute. I graduated college at Stephen F. Austin with a Bachelor in Education. I moved back to the area and began working at Bearfoot Lodge Private School. I have grown with the company over the years working in every classroom, teaching Private Kinder, Assistant Director, and now Director. I am happily married to my husband Ryan who is a Plano Firefighter. We have three beautiful daughters, Kennedy, Taylor, and Austynn, who keep us busy with cheerleading.
It is such a joy to watch our Bearfoot children grow and develop and rewarding to see our very first babies now having a blast in our school age program. I am privileged to be a part of a team of teachers that is dedicated to teaching and nurturing our children each and every day. Our teachers are committed to both group centered teaching styles and individualized teaching in order to meet all the needs of our children. I believe strongly in building a partnership with our families, as we are truly an extended family. We are committed to building this partnership through multiple communication avenues, including personal phone calls, teacher/parent conferences and communication logs, and most importantly, face to face connections. We have been blessed to watch the community build up around our center, and enjoy building relationships with our local neighborhoods and elementary schools.
Our center offers 3 separate outdoor play areas for different age groups, and an indoor climbing gym. We have a computer lab which is enjoyed by our two’s, preschool, and school age classes. Our toddler and preschool curriculum is a hands on style of learning. We offer multiple choices in education for the older pre-k child to challenge each child on an individual level, including our Jumpstart Kindergarten Club and advanced Jr. Kindergarten. Each year, we enjoy bringing families together during our fall and spring open house, fall carnival, Christmas program, graduation ceremony, and more.
It is a blessing to be a part of our Bearfoot children’s growth and development each and every day. There is not a day that goes by that I am not touched by something sweet, silly, or amazing that our children do. It is truly a pleasure serving our Bearfoot community and family.