About Light Farms Montessori Academy in Celina
Welcome to Light Farms Montessori Academy! Our Mission is to guide and support the full development of the child – socially, emotionally, intellectually, and physically through the Montessori teaching method.
At Light Farms Montessori Academy, our vision is to prepare children for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning through a high quality education. By providing a nurturing, encouraging, and unhurried learning environment, Light Farms Montessori develops each child’s personal identity and academic ability.
At Light Farms Montessori, we deeply adhere to Maria Montessori’s philosophy that education should be child-centered, viewing the child holistically. At our school, children are able to develop and expand their knowledge of academic subjects such as language, mathematics, geography, and science in a supportive environment. We also give importance to the psychological, cognitive, and social development of the child as we promote character development and help foster a sense of community.
Children are encouraged to develop all aspects of their identity to become responsible citizens, knowledgeable in a variety of subjects. Light Farms Montessori Academy students graduate with a high level of confidence and social competence, these fundamental strengths aid them on their road to success in higher education and help them make a positive impact in the global community.
Light Farms Montessori Academy mission is to provide a unique learning environment for children. We encourage a well-rounded education, developing character as well as teaching academic expertise.
Children are allowed to learn at their own pace by pursuing what they wish with the help and encouragement from our highly experienced and Montessori-trained teachers. Our small class sizes and individualized attention allows them to grow and learn according to their needs and abilities. They are taught an understanding of diversity through a multi-cultural setting exploring different languages, foods, music and other cultural aspects, respecting and celebrating our unique differences. Children experience a abundance of extra-curricular activities, such as art, dance, and music, in order to give them exposure to their disparate interests. We hope our love of teaching and your child’s love of learning will accumulate into a well-rounded and holistic education.
It is Light Farms Montessori goal to give your child everything he or she deserves and to provide all that we can in order to prepare them for a successful future through our unique environment and way of teaching.
Our Montessori Programs
- Nido – We know that it’s hard for new parents to leave their infant in the care of someone else. Our infant room teachers do everything possible to put your minds at ease. Our program is set up to duplicate the loving care and gentle stimulation that infants need in order to grow and develop to their full potential.
- Pre-Primary – We focus on fine motor development activities with activities such as copying and tracing letters and numbers with crayons to strengthen little hands. There are activities to draw, color, write, pinprick, and cut, thereby following the children’s interests as well as giving us a chance to encourage good techniques such as proper grip and posture.
- Primary – Children are able to move about and choose materials from easily accessible cells. They work on floor mats or at small tables to complete the tasks set by the activity they have chosen to do. A key principle that underlies and guides activities in a Montessori classroom is respect. Adults respect each child as an individual and unique learner. Children learn to respect not only their elders but also each other and the learning materials through the lessons of grace and courtesy and the exposure to positive role models. Although a part of every day is devoted to individual work, children also enjoy social activities such as singing, storytelling, and outdoor play in order to make sure that they receive a well-rounded education. Older children will also begin learning a foreign language in this classroom.
- Before and After School Care – Our school provides a safe environment for children to stay and includes a drop-off to their respective elementary schools in time for their classes.
Our buses pick up children enrolled in the after school program from their respective elementary schools after the school day is over. The after school program is designed with interest centers that children self-select. After completing their homework, children can choose among a variety of activities like reading, crafts, computers, music, games, and puzzles. These activities will not only build knowledge and skill, but also improve social interactions with other same age children.
- Summer Camps – The camps are for the full day and are planned to keep children involved throughout the day. We also provide a number of field trips that are planned in line with the specific week’s theme, giving an opportunity for children to visit local museums, learning centers, and participate in fun activities so they can experience first-hand what they have learned during the week.
- Physical Activities
If you are looking for the best Montessori school in Celina, look no further! Throughout the years, we have been able to spread our love for educating children of different communities around Dallas while maintaining the basic Montessori methods for developing academic, practical, and social skills. Although we have expanded physically, our culture and core principles have remained the same as when we started. As teachers, our children’s interest and well-being is our highest priority. We understand the importance of these formative years and closely monitor the academic and social progress of our children.