In September 2021 we announced that all employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or undergo weekly testing in order to protect the families in our care. Learn More >
- Our Team
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Greenville! Our preschool offers daycare services for infant and toddlers, educational preschool programs that are proven to prepare young minds for success in kindergarten, and fun after school and summer programs for ages 5-12. And, we are very excited to announce that we are now participating in the First Steps 4K program and the new First Steps 4K + SIBLINGS program.
Our Preschool’s Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year)
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2)
- Early Preschool (ages 2 to 3)
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4)
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5)
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12)
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12)
Our Approach to Early Education
Children thrive when they regularly participate in engaging educational activities in a safe, nurturing environment. Thanks to the flexibility built in our Ascend Curriculum, we continually offer our students a variety of experimental and playful activities and encourage them to select which activities they want to participate in. Our teachers act as facilitators and progressively introduce important skills in nine subjects every month.
Our activities can be modified to provide more challenge or more support, which allows each child to develop at his or her own pace. The pride that our teachers have in our preschool shines through in everything we do and you will find happy children engaged in a wide range of learning activities in every classroom.
What Makes Our Preschool Unique?
- We serve a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack, which we include in our regular tuition.
- We provide our parents an app called KidReports, which keeps them updated on their child’s progress throughout the day and includes pictures.
- We have large observation windows and an open floor plan so it’s easy to observe each classroom, which is a great security feature.
- We offer the best After School program in Greenville, SC. Our After School program includes homework help and transportation from Oakview Elementary, Woodland Elementary, and Buena Vista Elementary School.
- We also provide full-time child care for elementary school students during public school holidays and the summer. We pack these days full of fun activities and field trips.
- Finally, we offer a music program, a computer program, a nutrition and fitness program, and a soccer program as extracurricular activities.
Getting to Our Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Greenville is less than a mile south of I-85 on Pelham Road. Our preschool center is at the intersection of Pelham Road and Highway 14 and our address is 8596 Pelham Rd, Greenville, SC 29615. We would love to show you around our daycare facilities and introduce you to our teachers. Schedule a visit today!
I started with Cadence in November 2000, where I was the young 2’s teacher where I worked for about a year until my family relocated to Greenville. When I started at our Greenville location, I was our Beginner Room teacher, but took over the role of assistant director shortly after joining the team. In December of 2005, I was promoted to the position of Director. Originally from PA, I attended Indiana University of PA, where I majored in ECE.
Ms. Amy has been part of our Cadence family for over 12 years. She started as one our 3-year-old teachers and eventually was promoted to management in January of 2006. Prior to joining our team, Ms Amy worked at another local child care center, giving her over 20 years of experience. She completed ECD 101 in 2006 from Greenville Technical College.
Ms. Jean has been a member of our Cadence family since July of 2006. Prior to starting here she worked at a child development center in Wisconsin for eight years with 3 to 5 year olds. Ms. Jean also earned her diploma in early childhood education through MATC in Milwaukee, WI.
Ms. Jennifer has been part of our family for over 7 years. Prior to working here, she was a lead teacher at a child development center for 8 years in Ridgewood, NJ. Over the years, she has attended many training institutes and earned New Jersey 4C’s Awards Certificate of Achievement. She has completed her Certificate in Applied Sciences for Early Childhood Development as well as Child Care Management.