We have recently announced that all employees will be required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or undergo weekly testing in order to protect the families in our care. Learn More >
- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Harbison
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Harbison in Columbia, South Carolina, we provide a safe, stimulating, and enjoyable environment that is ideal for early childhood learning.
Our private preschool has an open layout with windows throughout the buildings. Three large playgrounds surround our preschool, allowing for age-appropriate fun as your child grows. We also have large classrooms that feature “interest centers” for children to explore. Our experienced staff members divide our preschool programs by age group and caring, experienced teachers who love working with children lead each of our classes.
We recently updated our early childhood learning center, including fresh paint, new cabinetry, and even more learning resources in all of our classrooms.
Early Childhood Education Programs
At Cadence Academy, Harbison, we offer the Ascend Curriculum, which includes nine learning components, such as literacy, math, science, technology, Spanish, and much more. Our preschool curriculum uses a “Whole Child” approach that ensures each child is engaged, supported, challenged, and having fun. And, as elementary schools are altering schedules, we are here to serve your needs and the needs of your school-aged children with enhanced programs to help with virtual learning sessions and more.
Our childcare programs include:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). We maintain the strong bonds, warmth, and security your baby enjoys at home in this infant daycare program.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). Your child’s sense of discovery and active learning are the focus in our toddler childcare program.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this program, we work on enhancing your child’s gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary, and learning via exploration.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). We aim to fully prepare children for Pre-Kindergarten in our engaging and stimulating preschool program.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our Pre-K program incorporates the skills taught in previous years to prepare your child for their transition to Kindergarten.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12). We are now offering an in-person elementary school virtual learning support program in addition to our traditional after-school program. Contact us today to learn more!
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). Our summer camp offers lots of adventure while promoting activities that hone skills vital to your child’s upcoming grade.
Each of our classrooms follows a daily schedule, which includes breakfast, large group time, small group center activities, playground time, lunch, rest time, a snack,as well as afternoon activities and more playground time.
At Cadence Academy Harbison, we believe in providing children with all of the learning opportunities necessary for them to reach their full potential both in school and in life.
What Makes Our Childcare Center in Columbia, SC Unique
Our preschool hosts family events, such as Book Fair Family Nights, Fall Festival, Open Houses and Parent’s Night Out. We also offer several enrichment opportunities for children, including Soccer Shots, Tap and Ballet, Creative Movement and Dance.
For older children, we offer an After School program that includes homework help and free transportation from the following neighborhood schools: Harbison West Elementary, Dutch Fork Elementary, H.E. Corley Elementary, and River Springs Elementary.
During teacher development days and all school holidays/vacation, our preschool offers a full-day program to school-age students. We also offer flexible schedules, with part-time options. We gear our Summer Camp program towards school-aged students and offer weekly themed activities and field trips throughout the summer.
In addition to our outstanding Ascend Curriculum, we provide a nutritious breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for all children. Our wonderful cook prepares all meals onsite, and we include this amenity as part of our regular tuition.
More About Our Preschool & Childcare Center
Cadence Academy Preschool is located at 450 Columbiana Drive, Columbia, SC 29212. We are located near Ballentine, River Springs, H.E. Corley, Harbison West, and Dutch Fork elementary schools. Our childcare center is conveniently located near Columbiana Mall and I-26.
Kim Hemingway has been with the Cadence family since 2008. She has her Early Childhood Credential known as an ECD 101. She is a 2 year old teacher presently, but has also been in the Infant and Toddler classrooms. Ms. Kim enjoys teaching children and watching them grow as they learn about the world around them.
Kim Robinson has been with Cadence Academy for 4 years, but in the field of early childhood for 10. Ms. Kim recently completed her master’s degree with a major of studies in human behavior. She will be starting the Leadership Training Program through Cadence Education in 2016. Her love for children covers all ages. Ms. Kim has been teaching our young toddlers for the past 4 years. She is now in our Early Learners Preschool classroom as an older 2’s teacher.
Reviews from Parents
Leave a Review
We want to learn more about your experience with Cadence Education. Please leave us a review below and let us know how we are doing.