- Our Team
Creative Kids Childcare Centers are committed to providing young children nurturing learning environments. We offer preschool and child care for ages 6 weeks through 12 years old at five locations throughout Hudson Valley. Creative Kids Mahopac first opened its doors in September 2012 and was the fourth Creative Kids location.
Our schools are a welcoming place where every child is supported. Our teachers individualize our curriculum so each and every child can develop emotionally, physically, and cognitively. Our directors, teachers, and staff work together to create a warm and nurturing environment where children learn about themselves and the world around them.
- Infant Daycare (6 weeks – 18 months)
- Toddler Daycare (18 months – 3 years)
- Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten (3 – 5 years)
- Kindergarten Club (4 – 5 years)
- Private Kindergarten (5 – 6 years)
- School-Age Program (5 – 12 years)
- Summer Camp (5 – 12 years)
Creative Kids teaches from The Creative Curriculum®, which leverages research and best practices so that we can take the needs of every type of learner into account. The Creative Curriculum® helps us maintain a high-quality learning environment where every child has the opportunity to become a creative, confident thinker.
Kind Child is a program that focuses on the social and emotional development of our students. We introduce social-emotional skills every month and a new character trait every two months. The goal of Kind Child is to elevate the emotional well-being of every child in our care.
Before & After School
Creative Kids Mahopac has an established relationship with the Mahopac Central School District and we have an excellent before and after school program for elementary students. Our school is a stop on the bus route for the following schools:
- Austin Road Elementary School – 390 Austin Rd, Mahopac, NY 10541
- Fulmar Road Elementary School – 55 Fulmar Rd, Mahopac, NY 10541
- Lakeview Elementary School – 112 Lakeview Dr, Mahopac, NY 10541
- Mahopac Middle School – 425 Baldwin Place Rd, Mahopac, NY 10541
I have a Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education from SUNY Oneonta and a Masters in Special Education from St. Thomas Aquinas. Before coming a Director, I was an Assistant Director for 3 years and an Infant and Toddler Teacher for over 20 years. I’m a mother of 5 and a proud grandmother of 1 little girl.
In my spare time, I love to read, go to the beach, do puzzles, and be with my family. I am devoted to making Creative Kids of Yorktown the best center possible!