About Cadence Academy Preschool in Edgewater
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Edgewater, we recognize that the first six years of a child’s life are a period of rapid cognitive and physical development. Cadence Academy Preschool offer engaging learning environments where trained teachers gently nurture each child’s physical and intellectual development with carefully selected and sensitively administered activities and materials.
Our childcare centers have been serving families in New York and New Jersey since 1983 and we strive to create long-lasting relationships with our families because we believe children thrive when there’s a strong connection between home and school.
These are some of the wonderful things our families have said about our school:
- “Kind teachers that are conscientious of my children’s needs and personalities. An enriched curriculum that suits the needs of all learners.”
- “The staff is incredible! I have had the pleasure of knowing some of them for almost a decade now. They genuinely care about these children, and it shows!”
- “I always appreciate such great care and the wonderful environment your school provides for us!”
- “They are like family – remember everyone’s names – including siblings and loving teachers and administrators.”
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 18 months)
- Toddler Daycare (ages 19 to 36 months)
- Preschool ages 3 to 4)
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5)
- School-Age Program (ages 6 to 12)
- Summer Camp (ages 3 to 10)
Kind Child is a proprietary program that allows us to nurture social skills and develop character. The goal of Kind Child is to elevate every child’s feelings of happiness, improve their emotional well-being, and enrich friendships. We focus on new social-emotional skills each month and a character trait such as Friendship, Responsibility, and a Positive Self-Image every two months.
Positive Guidance and Discipline
Every child in our care is encouraged to express his or her needs and feelings in a positive and constructive way and to show their caregivers and peers respect and empathy. As caring educators, we mentor our young children to make appropriate choices and help them to regulate their emotions and behaviors.
Positive discipline is a process of teaching children how to behave appropriately and respects the rights of the individual child, the group, and the adult. At Cadence Academy Preschool, positive discipline is consistent with the age and developmental needs of the children and helps children maintain self-control and learn positive behaviors.