- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Kenton
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Kenton in Huntersville, NC. Previously known locally as Gateway Academy, we are proud to be a four-star accredited preschool and childcare center helping Huntersville children reach their full potential. Our early childhood learning center has been a part of the Lake Norman community since August 2001. We offer child care and exciting educational programs for children ages six weeks old through Pre-Kindergarten. Students love learning through play in our interactive classrooms and on our expansive, modern playgrounds. And, as elementary schools are altering schedules, we are here to serve your needs and the needs of your school-aged children with enhanced programs to help with virtual learning sessions and more.
We also participate in the Meck Pre-K program which provides quality preschool education for qualified families. To learn more and to apply for the Meck Pre-K program, click HERE.
Our Early Childhood Education Programs
With more than 30 years of child care and early childhood education experience, our experienced team of teachers enthusiastically creates lesson plans that promote an enriched learning environment for every age group.
We offer the following preschool programs:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In our infant daycare program, we have designed our partnership approach to involve even the busiest parents in their child’s first learning experiences.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). Your child will start to discover new things through our theme-based curriculum that encourages play, language, and discovery.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this early learners program, our skilled team of educators cultivates all areas of early childhood development through comprehensive early learning curriculum.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our preschool program helps your child to participate in stimulating learning experiences such as puppet play, storytelling, and gardening.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). To prepare for elementary school, we immerse our Pre-K students in a comprehensive curriculum that ensures their readiness to succeed in Kindergarten.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12). Our before and after school program features homework help and free transportation to and from local schools.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). In this program, children have the opportunity to see new environments, meet new friends, and enjoy new experiences.
We believe that to ensure a child’s success in school and life, you must provide them with the right tools often and early, including fun, engaging activities; caring, qualified teachers; and, a safe, secure learning environment.
What Makes Our Preschool in Huntersville, NC Unique
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Kenton we give parents with peace of mind by offering children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a setting as nurturing as home. We offer part-time schedules and half-days too.
We are proud to offer what we believe is the best preschool in Huntersville, North Carolina. We deliver a preschool and pre-kindergarten curriculum developed specifically to meet and exceed the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. Certified early childhood educators lead our classes, where each child has an individualized learning plan in a low student-to-teacher ratio classroom setting. In fact, our classes are the perfect way to build a foundation for future academic success.
Our caring staff provides excellent parent communication via Facebook, My Week at a Glance, and Monthly newsletters that we email to all families. We also offer Parents Night Out each quarter, which gives parents the opportunity to go out for an evening without worrying about finding a babysitter.
More About Our Early Childhood Learning Center
Cadence Academy Preschool, Kenton is located at 16420 Sedgebrook Lane in Huntersville, North Carolina, 28078. You can find us at the corner of Sedgebrook Lane and in the Kenton Place Business Park, directly across the street from Lowes Foods grocery store. We are conveniently situated near several area elementary schools: Cornelius Elementary, JV Washam Elementary, Barnette Elementary, Torrence Creek Elementary, and Community School of Davidson.
We are very excited to share that Ms. Jen is our first National Teacher of the Year for Cadence Education!
Congratulations to Ms. Jen who has been with our school for more than 18 years and has the highest kindergarten readiness scores for all our schools in NC! She is continually mentioned in family reviews and feedback for exceeding expectations and for going above and beyond for her students and families.
These are some of our favorite quotes about Ms. Jen:
“Ms Jen … is amazing! She shows such compassion, yet also teaches them self-reliance, respect, and discipline. She celebrates their victories and helps with their challenges. My daughter is very ready (if not overly) for kindergarten, and I have to give Ms Jen the credit for that!”
“I am so grateful for Ms. Jen, I know she is pouring love and positivity into my son and every other child, I hear things like “Ms. Jen is so proud of me”, “Ms. Jen told me I can do anything”, “Ms. Jen makes me happy”, all the time. Ms. Jen creates an environment that kids want to be in and want to learn in. My son is so excited every day to go to school and as a parent I couldn’t ask for more.”
“Ms. Jen is not only preparing these little kids for the next step in their education but more importantly she celebrates and encourages their individuality and is teaching them to be good people. Thank you for the wonderful gift to my child that is Ms. Jen!”
We are so lucky to have Ms. Jen as part of our team.