- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Kenton
Welcome to Cadence Academy Preschool, Kenton in Huntersville, NC. Previously known locally as Gateway Academy, we are proud to be a four-star accredited preschool and childcare center helping Huntersville children reach their full potential. Our early childhood learning center has been a part of the Lake Norman community since August 2001. We offer child care and exciting educational programs for children ages six weeks old through Pre-Kindergarten. Students love learning through play in our interactive classrooms and on our expansive, modern playgrounds. And, as elementary schools are altering schedules, we are here to serve your needs and the needs of your school-aged children with enhanced programs to help with virtual learning sessions and more.
Our Early Childhood Education Programs
With more than 30 years of child care and early childhood education experience, our experienced team of teachers enthusiastically creates lesson plans that promote an enriched learning environment for every age group.
We offer the following preschool programs:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). In our infant daycare program, we have designed our partnership approach to involve even the busiest parents in their child’s first learning experiences.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). Your child will start to discover new things through our theme-based curriculum that encourages play, language, and discovery.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this early learners program, our skilled team of educators cultivates all areas of early childhood development through comprehensive early learning curriculum.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our preschool program helps your child to participate in stimulating learning experiences such as puppet play, storytelling, and gardening.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). To prepare for elementary school, we immerse our Pre-K students in a comprehensive curriculum that ensures their readiness to succeed in Kindergarten.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12). Our before and after school program features homework help and free transportation to and from local schools.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). In this program, children have the opportunity to see new environments, meet new friends, and enjoy new experiences.
We believe that to ensure a child’s success in school and life, you must provide them with the right tools often and early, including fun, engaging activities; caring, qualified teachers; and, a safe, secure learning environment.
What Makes Our Preschool in Huntersville, NC Unique
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Kenton we give parents with peace of mind by offering children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a setting as nurturing as home. We offer part-time schedules and half-days too.
We are proud to offer what we believe is the best preschool in Huntersville, North Carolina. We deliver a preschool and pre-kindergarten curriculum developed specifically to meet and exceed the North Carolina Standard Course of Study. Certified early childhood educators lead our classes, where each child has an individualized learning plan in a low student-to-teacher ratio classroom setting. In fact, our classes are the perfect way to build a foundation for future academic success.
Our caring staff provides excellent parent communication via Facebook, My Week at a Glance, and Monthly newsletters that we email to all families. We also offer Parents Night Out each quarter, which gives parents the opportunity to go out for an evening without worrying about finding a babysitter.
More About Our Early Childhood Learning Center
Cadence Academy Preschool, Kenton is located at 16420 Sedgebrook Lane in Huntersville, North Carolina, 28078. You can find us at the corner of Sedgebrook Lane and in the Kenton Place Business Park, directly across the street from Lowes Foods grocery store. We are conveniently situated near several area elementary schools: Cornelius Elementary, JV Washam Elementary, Barnette Elementary, Torrence Creek Elementary, and Community School of Davidson.
My name is Ashleigh Tilton and I have been the Assistant Director at Cadence Academy Kenton for 2 years now. I have worked at Kenton for over five years and started out as an assistant teacher in our Preschool 4 room and then moved to be the Lead Pre – K teacher. I have over 9 years of experience working in the early childhood field and began my career in New Hampshire where I attended Granite State College and received my Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education. I currently am going to school to further my education in the Early Childhood Field. I enjoy spending time with my husband and our daughter. We love to travel and exploring new areas around us.