About Cadence Academy Preschool in Charlotte, NC
Our beautiful preschool and child care center, which opened its doors in September 2009, is designed for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years old. Our school was previously known as Gateway Academy, but we changed our name in November 2019 as part of our school’s ongoing commitment to providing families access to the very best preschool programming.
Every teacher at Cadence Academy Preschool, Steele Creek has a genuine passion for the education of the children under their care. When you visit our preschool and daycare center, you will sense our passion and commitment to see every child flourish. And, as elementary schools are altering schedules, we are here to serve your needs and the needs of your school-aged children with enhanced programs to help with virtual learning sessions and more.
- Infant Day Care (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). We use a partnership approach to involve even the busiest parents in their baby’s first learning experiences.
- Toddler Child Care (ages 1 to 2). This child care program factors in the rapid cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical development of kids ages one to two years old.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). We foster the development of the “Whole Child” in our Early Learners program.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our skilled staff and parents work together to create a solid foundation for your child’s lifelong education.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In this Pre-K program, children enjoy a comprehensive curriculum that ensures their readiness to succeed in elementary school.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12). This before and after school program includes homework help and a ton of fun activities to ensure your child has a good time.
At Cadence Academy Steele Creek in Charlotte, North Carolina we provide parents peace of mind by giving children an exceptional education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home.
What Makes Our Child Care Center Unique
We believe that every child is unique and special. We also believe that children learn best through play.
Under our teachers’ careful guidance, we lead our students through a theme-based curriculum that encourages expression in the areas of educational, social, physical, and emotional growth. Each child’s growth is further enhanced by the low teacher-to-child ratio in every classroom. We also offer:
- The Ascend Curriculum, which enables our teachers to create individualized learning experiences for each child in our care. Each month, our students develop skills across nine different learning domains through fun, engaging activities.
- Nutritious meals and snacks provided by our on-site chef and are included in our regular tuition.
- Classroom and playground cameras. Our three playgrounds each offer developmentally-appropriate equipment so that every child can have the opportunity to play safely.
Cadence Academy Preschool, Steele Creek received a four-star rating from the state of North Carolina.
More About Our Preschool
Our daycare is located in the Berewick neighborhood on Arrowood Road between South Tryon Street and Steele Creek Road, within one mile of I-485 and I-77. Close housing communities are Berewick, Palisades, The Crossings, Steele Creek, and Planter’s Walk. We serve the following zip codes: 28273, 28278, and 28217. We also serve Lake Wylie, 29710 and Fort Mill, SC 29078.
Our early learning center provides transportation to and from the following elementary schools:
- Palisades Park Elementary
- Berewick Elementary
- Steele Creek Elementary
- Lake Wylie Elementary
- Winget Park Elementary
To ensure we meet the needs of today’s busy families, we offer extended hours from 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.