Beginnings School and Child Development Center takes a distinctive and evidence-based approach to early childhood education and learning for children 3 months – 5 years old in a nurturing and supportive environment. Beginnings is far more than a daycare for young children from Weston, Wellesley, Newton, Waltham, Wayland, and many other Greater Boston communities. Beginnings is a school and child development center for infants, toddlers, pre-K and transitional kindergarten students.
At Beginnings, we understand that when a child has positive feelings of self-worth and is able to recognize, express, and cope with their own emotions and those of others, they are better able to explore new areas of learning and engage more fully with the world around them. The philosophy is designed to help develop a strong sense of self by fostering the skills of emotional intelligence, which are critical for promoting academic, social, and personal success.
Beginnings School is proud to be accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), an organization that is devoted to promoting high-quality early learning for all young children. And, we are proud to provide an exceptional preschool education every fun-filled day in a place as nurturing as home.
Children at Beginnings School enjoy the benefits of approximately two acres of wonderful outdoor spaces to express their enthusiasm and release their energy. Our facilities are designed to stimulate children’s curiosity and cultivate a healthy appetite for learning and discovery. There is a treehouse and a stage, and the outdoor space was landscaped with children in mind.
- Gardening allows children to experience responsibility and patience, learn about life cycles, and begin to understand the interdependence of living things.
- Teachers are able to schedule time in the garden throughout spring and summer, and children can document seasonal changes and make observations through sketches, photographs, and words.
- Each spring the garden fills with plants and flowers that attract butterflies and hummingbirds for observation.
- Children can also take the lead in garden activities like planting seeds and then nurturing them to grow into strong plants with vegetables and herbs they can later enjoy together.
- A multi-purpose play structure offers a variety of choices to match skill development and interests.
- Children can enjoy tricycle riding, ball playing, and hula-hoop rolling.
- A sand-filled area is perfect for filling and emptying pails and creating sandcastles – enhancing the child’s time for imaginative and creative play.
- Our infants and toddlers enjoy a separate grassy play area and enclosed sandbox, separate from older children.
Every child deserves access to high-quality early learning experiences. NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) has set 10 standards for early childhood programs that can help families make the right choice when they are looking for a child care center, preschool, or kindergarten. The standards and criteria are also the foundation of the NAEYC Accreditation system for early childhood programs. To earn NAEYC Accreditation, schools must go through an extensive self-study and quality-improvement process, followed by an on-site visit by NAEYC Assessors to verify and ensure that the program meets each of the ten program standards, and hundreds of corresponding individual criteria. NAEYC-accredited programs are always prepared for unannounced quality-assurance visits during their accreditation term, which lasts for five years. In the 30 years since NAEYC Accreditation was established, it has become a widely recognized sign of high-quality early childhood education. More than 7,000 programs are currently accredited by NAEYC—less than 10 percent of all child care centers, preschools, and kindergartens nationally achieve this recognition.
Reviews from Parents
Leave a Review
We want to learn more about your experience with Cadence Education. Please leave us a review below and let us know how we are doing.