About Newton School for Children Preschool in Newton, MA
Newton School for Children has been a well-known and trusted name in child care in the Newton area and surrounding communities since 1982. We believe that children are capable of learning at an early age and should be challenged intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. Our preschool is a place where learning is based on exploring, questioning and problem-solving, all of which help children to develop a positive self-image. The curriculum, environment, and teachers all promote Newton School for Children’s mission.
Newton School for Children is conveniently located off of Washington and Adams street in Newton Corner. The Center is located in close proximity to both the Mass Turnpike and Rte. 128.
After years of experience in the early childhood and preschool field, Newton School for Children developed a philosophy based on the L3 principles of Learning, Love, and Laughter. These principles are the 3 key characteristics of our school environment.
- Learning is based on exploring, questioning and problem solving.
- A nurturing and Loving environment enables children to feel secure and happy away from home as they learn to understand and care for one another.
- Laughter ensues as children socialize and form friendships in a secure and happy environment.
Newton School for Children’s philosophy helps to foster the development of the self-esteem of each individual child by meeting his or her needs accordingly.
Our Curriculum Includes:
- Language Arts: Developed through the use of reading books, writing and conversing.
- Math: Introduced through the use of games and manipulatives.
- Science: Explored by looking at the environment and doing experiments.
- Art: Children express their creativity and imagination by using different art materials.
- Cooking: In the process of cooking children learn to measure, weigh, and learn new words such as sift, bake and beat, etc.
- Music: Music is a time during which children learn new songs and are exposed to rhythm, beat and the sounds of different musical instruments.
Our large outdoor space provides a paved area for children to ride bicycles and cars and cushioned area for climbing and running. The large outdoor sand box is a shaded area for digging and building castles!
Indoor Play Area
The indoor play space is a haven for large muscle activity in the inclement weather.
Newton School for Children always encourages active parent involvement throughout the year, such as sharing information on a traditions, professions, hobbies, etc. Reading stories to the children, playing musical instruments for them, or sharing family cultures are some of the ways parents may become involved.
The school believes that when children are introduced to different cultures from a very early age, they will be better educated in understanding and accepting the differences.
We would love to share our school with you. Contact us today to set up a visit and to learn more about our exceptional preschool.