- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Preschool, Candletree
At Cadence Academy Preschool in Peoria, we believe in making the most of childhood, which is why we make it our top priority to ensure exceptional care for the students we serve as well as deliver a customized educational experience for each child.
Our mission is to offer a path to learning for all children. We encourage them to develop a positive self-image, and through our child-focused programs, we promote a true joy of learning.
We introduce the opportunity to learn through developmentally appropriate activities created to enhance skills in the areas of social, physical, as well as cognitive growth. Available to all children and their families, we offer our childcare programs and activities in a nurturing, accepting environment that encourage a sense of and trust and security.
Our Childcare & Early Childhood Education Programs:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 15 months). In this infant childcare program, our caring teachers work with each child in a progression of stimulating activities that integrate the natural routines of feeding and play.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 2 years). Toddlers have the chance to physically explore their world inside and outside the classroom. Our highly-skilled staff understands the challenges that toddlers can face, and have experience in helping them positively adapt to socialization.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). In our two-year-old daycare program, we expand on the foundation developed in our toddler program. We also start to introduce more routine and structure to the classroom schedule.
- Preschool & Pre-K (3 – 5 years). This well-rounded Pre-K program encourages continued skill development, preparing students for elementary school by teaching foundational literacy and math skills, as well as social and emotional skills.
- School-Age Program (5 – 12 years). We offer before and after school enrichment for school age children in this before and after school program.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). This summer camp program is a place for discovering, making new friends, and developing new skills. Our summer program features a diverse range of indoor and outdoor activities, and field trips.
Positive Relationships With Students & Families
Used as a method to recognize positive behavior, Cadence incorporates a program, Positive Behavior Support (PBS) that enhances emotional and social development, and promotes school readiness. The approach was initially developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) and utilizes a pyramid model to address social and emotional needs of children.
More specifically, PBS focuses on being proactive in preventing challenging behaviors by developing positive relationships with our children and families. It also encourages creating a supportive environment for our children using specific methods in promoting social and emotional development.
We are proud to say that with PBS in place, the amount of time spent addressing challenging behaviors in our preschool learning center has been reduced, and in turn, allows our educational team members to focus on the positive behaviors and to support all areas of development and learning.
You can learn more about PBS by clicking on the following links:
Our Early Learning Center’s Security Provides Peace of Mind
We keep your children safe and healthy while they are in our care. We fully appreciate that you trust us with the care of your children, so in return, we want to ensure that we meet all of your child’s personal needs in the best way possible.
For example, we ask that when you pick up and drop off your child at our preschool, please remember always to sign your child in and out. We always keep the binder at the front desk. We understand that some days can be busy and crazy, and it may occasionally slip your mind, but it is essential that parents take care of this task daily.
Also, we are a cell phone-free facility. We ask that families refrain from using cell phones while in our daycare facility. We encourage communication between our staff and parents, and it becomes challenging to do this when parents are walking in and out of our center’s doors while on their cell phones
Want to Learn More About Our Early Learning Center?
Cadence Academy Preschool in Peoria is conveniently located at 1523 W Candletree Dr, Peoria, IL 61614.
I am so excited to be your Director at Rogy’s Candletree. I worked here as a teacher from 2008 to 2010 in the 2 year old classroom, then moved to Rogy’s Morton to continue my career path in early childhood. During my time at Morton, I worked really hard to continue my education and get additional experience so I could become Director Qualified.
I currently live in Morton with my husband and 3 children. I love being involved with my children and my community. I am very active in events that are put on around our community and keep my children involved as well.
I am here to help Candletree be the best that it can be and to support everyone so that we can ensure Candletree will remain the high quality childcare facility it has always been.
Hello, my name is Courtney Hackler. I have been with Cadence Academy for 7 years now, and an Assistant Director for going on 3 of those years. I am very excited to be here at Candletree and to get to know all the children and families!
The National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC) is a national accreditation program that was developed for early care and educational programs. NAC offers early childhood leaders the opportunity to demonstrate and document quality performance using research-based criteria and evidence-based practices. The National Accreditation Commission provides a comprehensive, ongoing quality improvement system and accredited schools must meet standards in the following 6 component areas: Administration, Family Engagement, Health and Safety, Curriculum, Interactions between Teachers and Children, and Classroom Health and Safety.