- Our Team
About Cadence Academy Algonquin
We proudly serve the Algonquin, Lake of the Hills, Huntley, and Crystal Lake communities. At Cadence Academy Preschool in Algonquin, Illinois, we want everyone to make the most of childhood, which is why we make it a priority to ensure extraordinary care for the children we serve, as well as offer a unique, early childhood education experience for each student who walks through our doors.
Preschool & Childcare Programs Offered:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 14 months). Our caring staff members use creative activities to help your infant in meeting developmental goals in a nurturing environment.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 23 months). This age-specific daycare program helps foster the developing bodies, minds, and emotions of growing toddlers.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). In our two-year- old childcare program, we integrate learning, fun, and safety.
- Preschool (3 – 5 years). In our preschool program, your child’s day is filled with a various choices for learning, with a smart balance of teacher-directed and student-initiated activities.
- Private Kindergarten (5-6 years). Our Private Kindergarten program prepares children to thrive in elementary school and beyond.
- School-Age Program (5 – 12 years). To accommodate working parents, we offer transportation to and from many local elementary schools in addition to support with distance learning and more.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). In our summer program, children are allowed freedom to explore various interest areas, and they are also encouraged to create activities relevant to their personal interests.
Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Program
At Cadence Academy Preschool, Algonquin, we use an innovative approach to building positive relationships and helping children in our classrooms, referred to as Positive Behavior Support (PBS). This method was developed through the Center for Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL. It is based on research that reveals that by teaching children the skills they need socially and emotionally, we are better equipped to prevent challenging behaviors, as well as promote school readiness.
The basis of PBS involves strategies for developing positive relationships with the children, followed by creating supportive environments. These strategies can be seen in each class via daily schedules featuring pictures; photos with step-by-step instructions for certain student tasks; classroom rules; and, helper charts and other visual reminders, and cues.
In addition, we offer strategy and solution cards, as well as emotion boards, to support students who may face challenges dealing with the social and emotional situation they are facing.
To learn more about the PBS method, visit Vanderbilt University’s resources:
Security at our Preschool
Our top priority is to keep your children safe and healthy. We are incredibly grateful that you trust us to look after your precious ones, and we promise to see that we meet their individual needs in the best possible way.
We ask parents to be proactive when it comes to security by keeping your family’s front door security codes private. Please have all other individuals ring our doorbell. We are always available to check Id’s.
Whether you plan to have someone else pick up, or an emergency arises, please notify our staff of any change. We will direct your guardian to the proper classroom, and inform the teachers. Also, if you need to change your code, feel free to drop by our front desk. Finally, please do not let people in our facility through the door in the main entryway.
Looking for More Information About Our Private Preschool?
Cadence Academy Preschool, Algonquin is located at 4099 W Algonquin Rd, Algonquin, IL 60102.
My name is Amie Bresette and I am the Center Director. I completed my Associates Degree in Child Care and Development and started working in the child care field in 1991. I started working here in 2006 when this center opened as a teacher in our two year old program and was promoted in 2007 to Assistant Director, then Director in 2016.
I moved here from Madison, Wisconsin with my family in 2005 and I live in Crystal Lake. I have 2 sons, Mason and Maxwell.
I am proud and excited to work at Cadence Academy Preschool and I look forward to getting to know you and your children. I am excited about the adventures in learning we are about to experience.
The National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC) is a national accreditation program that was developed for early care and educational programs. NAC offers early childhood leaders the opportunity to demonstrate and document quality performance using research-based criteria and evidence-based practices. The National Accreditation Commission provides a comprehensive, ongoing quality improvement system and accredited schools must meet standards in the following 6 component areas: Administration, Family Engagement, Health and Safety, Curriculum, Interactions between Teachers and Children, and Classroom Health and Safety.
Reviews from Parents
Leave a Review
We want to learn more about your experience with Cadence Education. Please leave us a review below and let us know how we are doing.