About Sunbrook Academy
Welcome to Sunbrook Academy at Stockbridge. We are conveniently located near the Highway 138 intersection at 5006 Highway 155 N in Stockbridge, Georgia.
Finding the right learning environment for your child is one of the most important decisions you can make as a parent or caregiver. At Sunbrook Academy, we hope we can make choosing a preschool a little easier.
Sunbrook Academy at Stockbridge is a daycare and preschool center for children ages six weeks to 12 years old. We know how special and unique your child is, and we offer a supportive, nurturing learning environment that provides a safe and fun learning experience for all of our students.
Our private preschool’s mission is to nurture your child’s innate curiosity to help he or she grow into a curious and engaged learner. Our preschool programs provide peace of mind by delivering an exceptional education and fun-filled day from experienced professionals in a nurturing environment as comfortable as home.
Child Care, Preschool & After School Programs
Sunbrook Academy at Stockbridge uses the Foundations™ Curriculum and enrichment programs developed to excite and captivate your child. Exclusively designed for our preschool, the curriculum is theme-based and focuses on developing the whole child. Children work in nine developmental areas with 49 learning objectives appropriate for their age group. State and national developmental standards for early childhood education recognize these goals.
Examples of our childcare and after school programs include:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks to 1 year) – Your child with experience an opportunity for learning all day, every day in a loving and caring environment.
- Junior Toddlers (12 – 24 months) – A toddler program designed to encourage your child’s sense of discovery and active learning.
- Senior Toddlers (24 – 36 months) – A program focused on increasing gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary and learning through discovery with a low teacher-to-student ratio.
- Pre-K 3 (3 to 4 years) – We challenge each student to reach ambitious academic milestones as they prepare to enter Pre-Kindergarten.
- Private Pre-K 4 (4 to 5 years) – Considered the most important program offered at our school, this program helps prepare students for the transition to Kindergarten.
- Georgia Pre-K 4 (4 to 5 years) – A lottery funded education program aimed at preparing students for Kindergarten.
- Kindergarten Club (4 to 5 years) – Our Kindergarten Club is designed to fine-tune the skills needed in kindergarten.
- After School Program (Pre-K – 12 years) – Students are picked up from local schools to enjoy an afternoon of fun, learning and growth.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 6 to 12) – American Road Trip Summer Camp is our theme for 2018!
With a low student-to-teacher ratio, our students always receive the attention and care they deserve. Also, our teachers:
- Are CPR and First-Aid certified
- Receive 20+ hours annually of training and professional development
- Have Associate’s or CDA degrees, TCC credentials, or a higher level of education
Safety & Security
Our preschool and daycare center has invested in many safety and health features to ensure that your child’s experience is secure, pleasant, and optimizes his or her ability to learn.
We have the following safety measures in place:
- 24-hour security system with controlled building access
- Fire sprinkler system
- Standardized safety procedures for emergencies and lockdowns
- Owner or Director on-site and monitoring front door from open to close
- Convenient, computerized check-in and check-out
- Ionized filtered air
- We use the Zono-Sanitech Sanitation system for continuous, all-day sanitizing of classroom materials