- Our Team
About Phoenix Children’s Academy Private Preschool, Happy Valley
Welcome to Deer Valley region’s Phoenix Children’s Academy, Happy Valley.
Founded in 2009, we are committed to providing the absolute best early childhood education and childcare while meeting the needs of each child individually. Our early childhood center offers an outstanding preschool program that allows children to grow emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. We also offer a Kindergarten Readiness/Kindergarten Club.
Our beautiful campus is secure and clean, complete with a security-coded entrance, and surveillance cameras in every classroom and on every playground. We have two infant classrooms, one for mobile infants and one for non-mobile infants.
At Phoenix Children’s Academy, Happy Valley, we welcome families and the community into our nurturing, home-like early childhood education center. Our caring staff members stay many years with our school, dedicating their time and energy to making these early years memorable and positive for all children who walk through our doors.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). Our daycare’s loving professionals work closely with you to develop an ideal schedule for your little one
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2). In our toddler program, our caring teachers guide toddlers as they explore the world around them, learning skills like socialization, potty training, and more.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). Our early childhood learners enjoy learning communication and language skills, as well as ways to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our experienced teachers offer stimulating educational activities in math, science, computers, language, and social studies in this program.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In our Pre-K program, children experience educational lessons and activities that prepare them for success in their elementary school years.
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12). This program offers support for students whose parents are at work.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). Children enjoy time with their friends and our energized teachers in our super fun summer camp program.
Phoenix Children’s Academy, Happy Valley has received a Quality First Star Rating of “3” from the state of Arizona.
Kindness is the foundation of our preschool’s culture and an important part of our curriculum. Each month, our teachers work with our students to develop social skills, a positive self-image, and important character traits like friendship, empathy, thankfulness, and responsibility. The goal of Kind Child is to elevate the emotional-well being of every child and encourage friendships.
More About Our School
We are located at the intersection of 39th Ave. and Happy Valley, just west of I-17 and north of the 101. We proudly serve the nearby neighborhoods of Deer Valley, Norterra, and North Phoenix.
Our team invites you to stop by and see how we can make you a part of our Phoenix Children’s Academy, Happy Valley family. Ask us about your complimentary day of discovery. Schedule a visit today.
Welcome to Phoenix Children’s Academy! My name is Amanda Dusseau and I am the School Director here at our Happy Valley location. I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education 12 years ago and made the switch over to Early Childhood 9 years ago. I absolutely love what I do and would not change it for the world. Between the management team and all of our wonderful certified preschool and child care teachers, we have over 80 years of experience. At Phoenix Children’s Academy we strongly believe in family involvement and we want to make sure you feel at home. We believe that helping your child develop is a partnership and we make sure you are always in the know on what your child is doing. You will receive a daily individual or class report each day when you pick up your child. Our school hosts fun family events including: Trunk-or-Treat, Winter Wonderland, Parents Night Out, Egg-stravaganza in the Spring, and many more. Our playgrounds are an amazing place for children to explore and extend their daily learning. They absolutely love the splash pad that keeps them cool and splashing around in the Arizona heat. Our children also get the opportunity to use our technology lab with computers and a SMARTBoard daily. We look forward to having you and your families come visit our school and meet our wonderful Phoenix Children’s Academy family.
I have worked in early childhood education for over 8 years and have found my calling in the infant room. I am working toward my degree in Educational Studies. When I am not at PCA, I enjoy spending time with my son, daughter, and granddaughter. My favorite childhood memory is climbing trees in my backyard and going four wheeling in the desert with my parents.
Potty Training Guru
I am a Two’s teacher and I have been with the school pretty much since it opened. I have been in early childhood education for over 24 years. I enjoy spending my days with my kiddos and watching them grow into big preschoolers. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my husband and our dog Ozzie. I am also excited to be a new grandma.