- Our Team
The first few years of life set the stage for future academic success and the staff at Cadence Academy Preschool, Fayetteville wants to help your family make the most of this wonderful time! We take a skill-based approach to early education that helps young children develop intellectual, physical, and emotional skill through engaging learning activities and we offer a nurturing preschool setting where the whole family can feel at home.
The Arkansas Department of Human Services, Division of Child Care and Early Education, has awarded our school the Better Beginnings 2 star rating, demonstrating our commitment to providing the best care and education for your child.
- Infant Childcare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year)
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2)
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3)
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4)
- Junior Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5)
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12)
- Summer Camp (ages 5 to 12)
Our Ascend Curriculum is a piece of our preschool programming that truly separates us from our competitors. Most preschools either have no curriculum, a curriculum that is all play, or a curriculum that is very rigid and scheduled. The flexible framework built into our Ascend Curriculum allows us to meet in the middle. We progressively build valuable skills in nine subjects each month while leaving lots of room for fun and play!
Kind Child is proprietary program that allows us to nurture social skills and develop character traits such as Responsibility, Thankfulness, and a Positive Self-Image. It is a core subject within our monthly curriculum and an important part of our preschool’s culture. Our goal is to elevate the emotional well-being of every child and encourage positive friendships all over our school.
Our Child Care Center Features:
- An enhanced security system that monitors our entire preschool,
- Controlled access to our building through private access codes,
- Six outdoor play areas that focus on interaction within peer groups in a natural play setting,
- Rock wall for ages 2 and a half and older,
- A library and enrichment center,
- A media center for preschool children, offering the latest technology and a Smart Board.
I have been in early childhood education for 18 years and at this location since we opened our doors in 2012. I have a CDA in preschool and an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Early Childhood Education. I started out as a substitute for a preschool, then became a floater, a teacher assistant, a lead teacher, and finally a director. I was in the classroom for 12 years before going into administration.
I am a mother of 3 and have been married for 18 years. In my spare time, I enjoying reading, writing, and relaxing.
I grew up in Michigan and graduated from Michigan State University. I have a long history in child care and even cared for children in my home for 9 years before coming to Cadence Academy Preschool. I enjoy gardening, travel, and spending time with my family.