CADENCE EDUCATION, LLC
SUCCESS STORIES CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. This Success Stories Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States over 18 years of age as of the date of entry and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cadence Education, LLC (“Cadence”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules. By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules (the “Rules”), and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Cadence as final and binding as it relates to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Contest Period. Entries will be accepted online starting on or about December 1, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). All online entries must be received by December 31, 2020 at 11:59PM EST.
- How to Enter. The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry on your Facebook or Instagram page. An entry may be submitted by the parents or legal guardians of any Cadence school student. Such entry shall be in the form of a video that demonstrates to Cadence how the student is thriving thanks to the education that our school has provided. Each student is permitted to submit one entry by uploading your video on your Facebook or Instagram page and using the hashtag #WatchChildrenThrive. Make sure the video is set to public so Cadence can view, access, and share it.
Participants may encourage friends and others to “like” their post, thereby voting for their entry. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries shall not contain any inappropriate, obscene or unlawful images or content or any content that violates the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of any third parties. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cadence. As stated above, you may enter only once. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cadence.
- Prizes. The winner will receive one (1) Visa gift card redeemable for $1,000.00 and have the opportunity to be featured on Cadence’s YouTube channel and in nationwide advertising campaigns. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Cadence. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Cadence’s discretion. Cadence reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Cadence to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification. The winner of the Contest will be selected by administrators of Cadence Education by identifying the entry with the most “likes” at the expiration of the Contest Period. In the event of a tie, the winner of the Contest shall be the tying participant which first submitted its entry. The winner will be notified in the same manner that the entry was submitted, either by Facebook or Instagram, within five (5) days following the winner selection. Cadence shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within fifteen (15) days from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT CADENCE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You. By entering this Contest you understand that Cadence, anyone acting on behalf of Cadence, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms. Cadence reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Cadence may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cadence. Cadence reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms or any Contest rules. Cadence has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Cadence reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability. By entering the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Cadence and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
- Acknowledgement. By entering this Contest, you acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), Instagram, Inc. (“Instagram”), or any of their affiliates. You agree to release and hold harmless Facebook and Instagram from any claims arising out of the Contest.
- Disputes. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ARIZONA LAW, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Arizona having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Information. To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Marketing Department, Cadence Education, LLC, 8800 N. Gainey Center Drive, Ste. 300, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85258. Requests must be received no later than ten (10) days after the expiration of the Contest Period.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of the Contest is Cadence Education, LLC, 8800 N. Gainey Center Drive, Ste. 300, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85258.