Cadence Academy Preschool, Mount Pleasant was previously known locally as Gateway Academy and is a welcoming 10,000 square foot preschool with eight homelike classrooms. Each classroom is designed to serve the unique needs of a specific age group and features age-appropriate toys, furniture, and equipment. We like to challenge and support the academic, social, emotional, and physical development of our young students through a variety of fun educational activities and by continually updating our preschool learning centers. And, as elementary schools are altering schedules, we are here to serve your needs and the needs of your school-aged children with enhanced programs to help with virtual learning sessions and more.
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year)
- Toddler Daycare (ages 1 to 2)
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3)
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4)
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5)
- School-Age Program (ages 5 to 12
- Summer Camp (ages 5 to 12)
What Makes Our Childcare Center Unique
- We provide our parents an app called KidReports, which keeps you updated on your child’s progress throughout the day.
- Our Director Jacque has been with our school for almost 20 years.
- 5 of our teachers have been with the school for more than 5 years.
- Our wonderful cook prepares a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack each day, which is included in our standard tuition.
- We offer several affordable and amazing enrichment programs such as dance, Soccer Shots, and Stretch-N-Grow.
Our preschool utilizes the Ascend Curriculum, which takes a balanced approach to intellectual, physical, social-emotional, and creative development. Each month, our teachers work with the children to progressively build sets of skills within a variety of subjects like Mathematics, Science & Sensory, Technology, and Cultural Understanding.
The activities within the Ascend Curriculum can be modified to match the interests and learning styles of our students which allows us to engage, challenge, and support every child in our care. We believe the most impactful way to support the development of academic skills is to give children some control over their own learning process. Our teachers offer children a variety of experimental, playful activities and children are encouraged to select what they want to participate in.
Getting to Our Preschool
Cadence Academy Preschool, Mount Pleasant is conveniently located on the Frontage Street south of Johnnie Dodds Boulevard in Mount Pleasant. Our preschool center is next to Dragoon Drive and many families take that exit to get off Johnnie Dodds. We provide transportation to Mamie Whitesides Elementary School and Jennie Moore Elementary School. James B. Edwards Elementary drops off at our school.
Reviews from Parents
Leave a Review
We want to learn more about your experience with Cadence Education. Please leave us a review below and let us know how we are doing.