https://www.cadence-education.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Outdoor-Classroom.jpg 620 1275 pca https://www.cadence-education.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CESig2FA-web-01-300x82.png pca2014-06-24 01:29:412016-07-11 10:04:20Outdoor Classroom! June 2014
Summer is here!!! Are you looking for some fun outdoor activities to do with your family? Below are a few ideas to help you and your family celebrate all the fun this season has to offer:
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Head out to your favorite forest, desert, swamp or prairie and see who can find everything on the list first!
- Visit the zoo. Make sure to check the schedule ahead of time and plan your visit around keeper talks and animal exhibitions.
- Create a sidewalk art gallery. Grab a bag of colorful chalk (or make your own sidewalk chalk!) and head outside. Everyone from babies to mom and dad will have a blast creating their own colorful creations.
- Have a car wash. Head out to the garage and soap up your car with the help of the whole family. Make sure everyone wears bathing suits because this is bound to be a sudsy affair!
- Spend a day near water. Do you live near a lake or the ocean? Grab the whole gang and head out for a day on the sandy shores.
- Have a water balloon fight. Sun beating down and looking for a way to cool off? How about filling up some water balloons and having the water balloon fight of the century?
- Take a night hike. It’s summertime! Don’t be afraid to break curfew and live life on the edge. Grab some flashlights and take a night hike, either just around your neighborhood or, even better, at your local nature preserve. Listen for all the sounds you hear only a night and keep an eye out for interesting night critters. Make sure to bring a few blankets also. After your hike, everyone will enjoy a few moments relaxing under the stars in the open sky.